“I thought we could get by with basic metering and NTP time sync, but then we had an incident. The CyTime SER-3200 gave us the data to reconstruct why our transfer scheme switched over to generator power. Now I specify all SER devices with 1ms accuracy.“
The NEW CyTime SER-32e Sequence of Events Recorder (SER) provides 1 ms event recording for up to 32 channels. These devices enable root-cause analysis of complex power systems—now using Precision Time Protocol (PTP) for hi-res time-sync over Ethernet.
- Time-stamped event recording for up to 32 channels, 1ms resolution
- 4.3″ color touchscreen for menu access
- Extended control power ride-thru
- Time sync input: PTP, NTP, IRIG-B, DCF77, Inter-SER, Manual
- Time sync output: PTP, IRIG-B, DCF77, 1 per 10, Inter-SER, ASCII
- Communications: Modbus TCP, RESTful API
- Cybersecurity: Secure web server HTTPS (TLS v1.3)
- High-speed trigger to capture waveforms by a compatible power meter
- Simple setup using a standard web browser
- UL Listed, CE Mark, FCC, RoHS compliance
- 2 expansion slots for future option modules
User DocumentsHandout: SER-32e Data Sheet: SER-32e
Instruction Manuals and SpecsGuide Specification User's Guide SER-32e Reference Guide SER-32e Quick Start Guide
Tech NotesTN-100: Hi-Res Time Synchronization in Modern Power Systems Using PTP (IEEE 1588) TN-102: Overview of IRIG-B Time Code Standard TN-103: Overview of DCF77 Time Protocol TN-104: Overview of 1per10 Time Protocol TN-105: Multiple Satellite Time Reference (STR) Units Can Share a Single GPS Antenna TN-106: Mixing RS-485 2-Wire / 4-Wire Systems Using CNV-100 TN-107: Sequence of Events Recording (SER) Device Selection Guide TN-108: Overview of ASCII/RS-485 Time Protocol TN-202: Measuring Circuit Breaker Opening Times with CyTime Event Recorders
Sequence of Events Recorder (SER-32e)
The CyTime Sequence of Events Recorder (SER) provides precise 1 millisecond time-stamped event reporting for 32 channels to enable root-cause analysis and advanced system diagnostics. It also provides time synchronization to downstream devices with support for several time protocols such as Precision Time Protocol (PTP) and IRIG-B.
- Color Touchscreen: The SER-32e has a large 4.3” color touchscreen for easier menu navigation, device setup, diagnostics and input status.
- Time Synchronization: Supports Precision Time Protocol (PTP), IRIG-B, DCF77, Network Time Protocol (NTP), Modbus TCP/IP, 1 per 10 and ASCII RS-485.
- Embedded Web Server: Connect over Ethernet via a standard secure web browser (HTTPS), with no proprietary software needed.
- Fully encrypted (256-bit) communications for configuration and data exchange.
- Easy Integration: With support for Modbus TCP and/or RESTful API, data is easily integrated into any SCADA, Power Monitoring and Building Management System.
- Extended Control Power Ride-through: An extended control power ride-through to ensure critical events are captured during power loss/outage.
- Expansion Slots: The SER-32e also includes 2 expansion slots to support future expansion modules adding up to 16 additional inputs or outputs.
Click here to see what markets we serve: MARKETS
|SER-32e||CyTime Event Recorder, 32-input, PTP, secure web, 2x option slots, control power ride-thru|
Markets & Applicatioins
“We needed to automate the EPSS testing required by the AHJ. The CyTime SER-2408 monitors status of all our ATS and makes our testing faster and more efficient.”
"I have legacy devices that use RS-485 4-wire communications, but I need to connect these to a 2-wire network. The CNV-100 from Cyber Sciences is simple—it just works!"
“Microgrids combining utility sources, wind and solar power are complex by design. The requirement for SER with 1 ms accuracy is a given."